Everyone has been in this predicament: you’re at home, with no time (or desire) for a trip to the store—but the recipe you’re using calls for an ingredient you don’t happen to have on hand. With this book, you’ll have a solution: substitute. In Substituting Ingredients, author Becky Sue Epstein has collected more than 1,000 easy-to-find, healthy, and cheap substitutions.
- Substitutions for difficult to find items and common items you may not have on hand
- Green, nontoxic household cleaner solutions
- Less expensive ingredient options
- The best ways to measure fruits and vegetables for recipes
- Simple recipes for condiments, sauces, marinades, and spice mixtures
- Strategies to remedy too much or too little of an ingredient
“With this paperback on the shelf there’s no need for mad, midrecipe dashes to the grocery store.”
Size: 7" x 5". Softcover, 191 pages.